The ABE Initiative aims at fostering leaders with proven ability to contribute towards Africa’s development in collaboration with the Japanese private sector. JICA is looking for prominent young South African nationals who are or anticipating to be involved in industrial development activities in both public and private sectors, and who have strong motivation to strengthen economic ties between South Africa and Japan.
ABE Initiative Master’s and Internship Program for Youth & SDGs Global Leadership Masters and PhD Programs (7thBatch)
Duration of Programme:
September 2020 – August 2023
Up to two and half years will be allocated for a Master’s Degree.
- Be a citizens or permanent residents of South Africa
- Be less than 40 (before 1 April 2020)
- Have work experience
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
- Not serving in military
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honors or equivalent to NQF8 or above
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
Prospective applicants should ideally be middle-management government officials or academics who wish to be involved in policy formulation, political and development issues, and who are passionate about making a difference in public policy administration and economics.
Furthermore, participants of the programme may wish to participate in “Additional Programmes” which allow for participation to networking fairs with Japanese enterprises and internship opportunities. Participants are also encouraged to participate in the Japan Development Studies Programme (JICA-DSP), which provides knowledge on Japan’s modernisation, World War II, and development experiences.
- (Deadline for Application: 30 September 2019 for 2020 Enrolment)
How to Apply