Division: Technology Management Services: (Pretoria)
REFERENCES: TMS 36/2019 (1 post)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12),
- Be a SA Citizen,
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence. Must have no visible tattoo/s when wearing summer uniform.
- Must have no previous convictions or pending criminal/ departmental cases pending.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint
- Organizational skills. Computer literacy (MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) will serve as an
- An NQF 6 in Electrical Engineering or NQF 4 certificate or equivalent with minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of post or National Technical Certificate level 3 (N3) in the field of Electrical
- Engineering light current / telecommunications (Electronics) with minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of post or NQF 3 certificate with a minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of the post.
- Having successfully completed the following courses Radio Installation, Frequency Modulation
- Principles and Basic Electronics (applicable to all applicants except applicants with NQF 6 in Electrical Engineering).
- Must be willing to work with heights.
- Trade Test in the field of the post and/or certificate in fall arrest / rope rigging will be an added advantage.
- To conduct repairs, installation, removals and maintenance of radio equipment for the SAPS Radio
- Technical Unit.
- To do radio infrastructure installations at SAPS Radio High Sites.
- To conduct preventative maintenance at SAPS Radio High Sites.
- To work and perform operating test equipment (Communication Monitor, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope).
- To analyse and trace radio infrastructure faults.
•Only the official application form (newly developed form is available from all police station, on the SAPS
website www.saps.gov.za and at the SAPS Recruitment offices) will be accepted. All instructions on the
You May Also Apply For SAPS Traineeship Programme
application form must be adhered to and previous criminal convictions must be declared; failure to do so may
result in the rejection of the application. The post particulars and reference number of the post must be
correctly specified on the application form.
•Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical
reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
•Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
•Certified copies of an applicant ID document, valid motor vehicle driver’s license and all educational
qualification obtained must submitted together with the application form
•Applicants are requested to initial each and every page of the application form, CV and all annexures.
•Through the filling of the above mentioned posts, an applicant whose appointment will promote representivity
may receive preference. If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her
to undergo a personal interview which may include practical test or presentation.
•The South African Police Service will verify the residential address and qualification of applicants, as well as
citizenship. Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
•Applications must be mailed in time, as late applications will not be accepted. No faxed or e-mailed
applications will be accepted.
•If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept
that your application was unsuccessful.
•The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill the post after the advertisement therefore.
•The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to
promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts.
•People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
•Correspondence will be conducted with successful applicants only.
•Recommended candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
•Short-listed candidates will be subjected to security clearance.
•Closing date for applications is 30 September 2019.
•Late applications will not be considered.
•Appointments will be made in terms of the Police Service Act as applicable to the post environment.
•The Division is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof. Although the post is
advertised, the National Commissioner may withdraw the post from the advertisement,
re-advertise the post or fill the post by transferring a person at the same level where is deemed to be in the
interest of service delivery.
Applications and enquiries can be directed to:
Lt Col MS Matsomane
Capt G Xoko
Tel: 012 432 7194/ 012 432 7709
Applications can be forwarded (for attention Lt Col MS Matsomane) to:
Division: Technology Management Services
South African Police Service
Private Bag X 22
Office No. PPS 138/143
Tulbach Park Building
Cnr. Stanza Bopape (Church) and Jan Shoba (Duncan) Streets
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2019.