The Pharmacy Intern will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team. The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost effective manner.
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Work experience in a Hospital and Retail Pharmacy environment
- Dispense prescriptions (hospital and retail)
- Ensure maximum safety of patients by providing advice on the appropriate selection, dosage and drug interaction, potential side effects and therapeutic effects of medicines
- Prepare, issue and control all oncology drugs according to Pharmacy policies and procedures
- Act as custodian for the management of Schedule 5 & 6 drugs as per legal requirements
- Record prescriptions as per legislative requirements
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team