About INSETA Learnerships Program
Each year, the Insurance and Training Authority for Insurance (INSETA) offers individuals INSETA learnerships opportunities in South Africa through a variety of insurance companies. This is in line with the South African government’s national skills development strategy to attract people with skills that will create jobs and alleviate poverty.
Inseta represents the following sub-branches of the insurance industry:
- Assistance activities to financial intermediation
- Funeral Insurance
- Administration of health care benefits
- Insurance and pension fund
- Life Insurance
- Pension fund and
- Risk Management
- Short term insurance
- Unit Trust
INSETA learnerships consists of theoretical as well as practical training at work for a total of 1500 hours. The qualification is registered with Inseta and Unit Standard Based, which means that it will be accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Medical claims that valuable education gives you the opportunity to find out about your medical claiming skills and significant workplace experience. It will also give you access to the insurance industry with a higher job prospect as graduates gain a recognized qualification for assessing claims.
INSETA learnerships requirements
The following requirements are set for admission to INSETA learnerships:
Qualifications and experience
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Applicants must have a valid and recognized English (matric / standard 10/ grade 12 certificate with atleast English (minimum symbol D in standard grade); Mathematics (or 60% maths literacy) and second language (minimum D symbol)
- You must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Everyone must have computer skills
- You should pay particular attention to the details
- Candidates must be able to work accurately
- You do not need to complete prior training
- Applicants may not be formally employed or participate in a matrix research
- You should be very interested in assessing requirements, healthcare as well as data collection
- Everyone should be able to communicate clearly and professionally with their clients
- You must have above average typing skills
- Candidates must be strong and resilient and be the type of person who, despite obstacles, strives to achieve goals
- You must be self-motivated and have a burning desire and potential to learn
- Candidates must be detail oriented and accurately compile and communicate information
- Make sure you meet the minimum criteria for INSETA training and apply for only one of the promotional courses.
This opportunity is promoted under the enterprise’s capital initiatives for employment. The costs associated with attending education interviews and the costs of relocation you incurred during the learnership are borne by you; The disclosure does not offset the costs incurred.
Medical claims that learnership has value
Learnership is result-based learning, and while on the learnerships, you should:
- Reach the required level in formative and summative assessments
- To develop good knowledge of company products
- Attend class lessons and do practical work
- Compile a portfolio of evidence to be submitted to Inseta
- Complete journals for your workplace-based training
- Show commitment to work in the medical insurance industry
- Demonstrate proficiency in using different business systems
- Demonstrate your desire to learn about corporate values
- Demonstrate understanding of different business processes
The Learnerships Agreement is a legally binding agreement and any breach or breach of the terms of the agreement will be addressed by Discovery in accordance with sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act (97) 1998.
INSETA learnerships application process
To apply for INSETA learnerships, you can apply online when applications are open.
If you are applying for learnership, make sure you specify the learnership item you are applying for (such as Discovery Health Intern Learnership)
Make sure you sign the application form yourself
Attach certified copies of certificates and ID (this must be certified within the last three months; you can do so at any police station)
-Late or unsigned application forms will not be accepted
-Copied forms will not be accepted
-Remember that during your practical training you will be responsible for your accommodation, transport and meal costs, so you must apply for the training closest to your place of residence.
INSETA learnerships information
Closing date: Applications for this learnerships expire in January / February each year.
You can also contact Inseta directly for more information on Inseta learnership