Reference Number: WASA10891
Position: Chief Engineer
Department: Water and Sanitation
Division: Water Operations
Salary: R659 400 to R 904 596 p.a. (plus Benefits)
- Develop, monitor and advise on operation delivery framework and strategy stablish and manage strategic internal & external relationships inclusive of customer, service provider & relevant legislative agencies and structures
- Create context, implement and drive execution of the operational plans for the department and implement, plan and drive overall engineering management plans within area of accountability
- Develop and drive the implementation and integration of the supply chain and contract management plan
- Apply developed policy and practices through effective process design and via appropriate delivery systems and provide feedback re effectiveness
- Ensure that leak detection, welding, Non-Destructive Testing, logging activities are carried out as per depot maintenance requirements
- Direct, Control and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives, monitor results and make adjustments where necessary
- Scan the external environment to identify and take advantage of new knowledge of related acts, regulations & regulatory frameworks to improve results
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policy and processes to identify and manage governance and risk expose liability
- Monitor and enforce effective financial control, corporate governance and financial compliance throughout area of accountability
- B Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration (Pr. Eng.) / Registered with ECSA
- Applicable driver’s license
- Computer literacy
- 6 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3 years in management
- Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni.
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.