|Job Title||Fault & Services Management Manager|
|Organization Name||Cell C|
|About Cell C|
|Who is Cell C
In 2001, Cell C launched its operations, bringing much needed competition to a market marked by a duopoly. The company has since then strived to push competitive offerings to the telecommunications market and has earned the moniker of consumer champion thanks to its efforts to drive down the cost to communicate by launching affordable and innovative products and services to the South African consumer. A study commissioned by the South African National Treasury in (year) and conducted by the University of Johannesburg’s Centre for Competition, Regulation and Economic Development found that the smaller operators, in particular Cell C, have saved the South African consumer R47 billion over 5 years thanks to the fight for competition in the sector.
Cell C currently provides products and services to more than 16 million customers through its mobile products, including prepaid, hybrid and contract solutions on voice, data and messaging platforms. In spite of unprecedented mobile services penetration, Cell C continues to grow its customer base on mobile services. The momentum and success of Cell C’s innovative and value added products and services over the past few years, with its core consumer values of honesty, simplicity and transparency, has resulted in this positive consumer response.
In 2005, Cell C signed a landmark deal with British based operator Virgin Mobile, launching Cell C’s Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) strategy. Cell C is considered the primary port of call for MVNOs and now hosts a variety of businesses within the MVNO stable, including FNB Connect, Virgin Mobile, Me&You Mobile, Hello Mobile, Lycamobile and many other smaller players.
In 2014, Cell C realigned its strategy to ensure that all aspects of the business are touched by four pillars; Quality, Service, Innovation and Human Capital. This has ensured that Cell C has remained at the forefront of service delivery to the customer, continued investment in the network and the inclusion of new technologies, as well as, partnerships with innovative businesses to ensure that Cell C’s customers receive the best value and services they want.
Adding to its portfolio of technologies, Cell C launched C-Fibre in 2016, offering fibre-to-the-home services bringing high-speed broadband in partnership with open access fibre providers. The appetite for the fibre offering has been strong, allowing Cell C to significantly grow this segment in a short space of time.
Cell C’s focus on innovation has allowed the company to bring several incredible services to its customers including, WiFi Calling, low cost social networking focused products and the recent offering of democratised content.
In 2017, the company launched its own entertainment platform, black aimed at bringing TV and on-demand content to a range of South Africans that have never had the opportunity to experience it before. black offers a full 360-degree entertainment experience from video-on-demand through to live TV streaming and services like sports betting and hotel bookings, all on a single platform. The service is network agnostic; meaning it is available to any consumer with an Internet connection. In a first for South African consumers, black content can be purchased using prepaid airtime, in addition to credit and debit cards.
Cell C completed its recapitalisation in August 2017 whereby new shareholders brought in fresh equity to see the company’s debt reduced significantly, paving the way for a sustainable future for shareholders and employees.
|Purpose of the Job|
|· To lead and guide teams delivering services.
· To provide interdepartmental support.
To provide innovative operating models.
· Manage resources to ensure optimal service delivery.
· Manage incoming and outgoing escalations.
· Own the Incident Management and Interaction processes.
· Own and direct the Major Incidents.
· Manage higher priority tickets.
· Develop and monitor metrics.
· Provide first line support to all technical stakeholders.
· To be abreast of new industry trends and developments.
· Continued review of policies, procedures and processes.
· Operational control, management oversight of Service Desk, Network Fault Management and black 1st line monitoring
· Scheduling of staff inclusive of shift workers.
· Provide advice and support to team members
· Evaluate Key Performance Indicators and conduct performance appraisals.
· Uphold and enforce HR policies and procedures.
· Develop and maintain Work Instructions and Standard Operating procedures.
· Staff management of Service Desk, Network Fault Management and black 1st line monitoring
· Ensure consistency, accuracy and integrity of all related data and reports emanating from the team.
· Assist with the analysis and interpretations of reports.
· Automate report generation.
· Deliver ad hoc reports.
· Be adept at technical report writing.
· Management and Executive reporting
· Manage and continually review operating expenses.
· Identify projects and / or initiatives towards efficiencies, and other value creation in line with managing capital expense associated thereto.
· Optimize expenses.
· Perform financial reconciliation with contract houses.
· Manage on-boarding of new customers and services
· Manage agreements.
· Develop new services and competencies.
· Align to company’s direct and emerging strategy.
· Manage contractor portfolios.
· Co-opted strategic support
· Act as a consultant to external parties on new business or strategies
Perform any other related duties as requested by Management.
|· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree – National Diploma|
To Apply: Apply Online