|Job Title||Buyer: Women’s Denim|
|Department||Merchandise – Buying|
|Reporting To Position||Manager|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Location – Town / City||Kuils River|
|Location – Province||Western Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Job Advert||We are looking for a resilient, efficient and vibrant go-getter to successfully trend, source and procure Women’s Denim merchandise in accordance with Company strategies and to grow this area of our Business. This position, reporting directly to the Buying Manager, is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will require the successful candidate to contribute significantly to enabling our Women’s Denim merchandise business to achieve its long-term sales and profit objectives.|
|Qualifications||• A Matric/Grade 12 certificate
• A relevant qualification in Fashion, Textile Design /Clothing Production/ Product Development /Merchandising, or a related field would be an advantage
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience||Knowledge & Skills:
• knowledge of SA’s retail clothing market, customers and competitors
Is able to:
• identify, distinguish, understand and assess colours, CAD approvals and strike offs engineer garments/products to achieve the desired value proposition
• 3-5 years proven retail experience in the procurement of Women’s Denim merchandise
|Key Responsibilities||1. To achieve and exceed the departmental inflow margin and GP Rands, as signed off at the seasonal business plan meetings.
2. Building a competitive range by researching, understanding, influencing & executing the relevant seasonal trends according to the purchasing strategy.
3. To select the correct supplier for the appropriate product category and manage them according to the Company policies and procedures with reference to the approved business plan.
4. To ensure the timeous execution of procurement administration; and to source & procure the correct products in accordance with the agreed quality specifications and standards.
CLOSING DATE: 2019/08/16