|Job Title||Assistant Accountant|
|Department||Finance – Fixed Assets|
|Reporting To Position||Manager|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Location – Town / City||Kuilsriver|
|Location – Province||Western Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant within our Fixed Assets Finance team. The successful candidate will be leading the Fixed Assets team and provide accurate and timeous financial information to support optimal decision making in Property and Fixed Asset functions. This individual will also assist in assessing and minimizing potential risk.
This position is based at our offices in Kuilsriver and will report directly to the Finance Manager.
If you have at least 3 years’ relevant finance experience, including 2 years Fixed assets experience, preferably within a retail environment, then this to be an opportunity to invest and grow your career. You also need to have at least 1 year team management experience.
– Relevant Tertiary Qualification (B Comm degree/ BTech )
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Expert knowledge of financial reconciliations
– Good knowledge of fixed asset processes
– Excellent knowledge of general ledger accounts
– Solid knowledge of basic accounting principles and their application (debits, credits, journals, reconciliations)
– Communication skills – verbal and written
– Management skills
– Interpersonal skills
– High Levels of Computer literacy – advanced Excel a must
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team
– Customer Focus
– Ability to work under pressure
– Attention to detail
– Deadline driven
Planning, organizing, and supervising the fixed assets team:
– Performance management
– Development – Providing leadership & guidance to team members.
2. Fixed Asset management & Reporting
– Prepare & Analyse monthly and YTD capex reports.
– Reporting of budget variances on all property, IT and DC projects or any other business projects.
– Obtaining latest Capex forecasts.
– Review reports done by senior FA clerk for Speciality brands
– Analysis as identified by management accountant, e.g. Capex per sq.m
– Ad hoc reporting e.g. For Annual Financial Statements and movement reports used to prepare Reporting packs. (yearly & quarterly)
– Allocation of Investment Committee projects & IT projects.
– Ad hoc requests for reports and information to management.
– Assist with the preparation of annual capex budgets and 3 year plan
– Collaborate with team to monitor asset disposals and movements.
– Updating / maintaining Fixed Asset SOP’s and distribution to relevant stakeholders.
– Updating / maintaining all fixed asset process/control forms.
– Oversee data capturing to the FAR register
3. Processes and controls
– Take leadership role in identifying issues relating to asset management system that require attention and/or development.
– Take initiative in developing processes & procedures to gain efficiencies & effectiveness.
– Manage Year-end/month end processes
4. FA reconciliations
Review all FA recons – All entities
– FAR to TB recons
– Prepaid accounts
– IT project office accounts
– Tenant installation allowance accounts
– Asset proceeds accounts
5. Management of audit process.
– Yearly and if required half yearly & quarterly audits.
6. Online payment authorisation
– EFT payments – Creditors
– Cash flow
How To Apply: Apply Online
CLOSING DATE: 2019/07/10