Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Wrapline Operator to safely and efficiently operate the Wrapline to ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime, rejections and waste.
REPORTING TO the Shift Superintendent
- Monitor the continuous running of all conveyors and stations from the wrapline conveyer to the warehouse.
- Ensure all raw materials are available for wrapping.
- Ensure the integrity of web information is correct i.e. weight, width, diameter and status. Reprocess reels from winder with incorrect information.
- Ensure the correct labels are applied properly onto the webs and that web appearance is within customer requirements. Reject and rewrap bad wraps.
- Assist with troubleshooting and call the appropriate discipline to assist where required.
- Minimize backlogs and ensure the in process report remains clear of all old webs.
- Assists on newsprint paper machine shuts, as required / directed.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Understand and Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem Analysis and Solving
- Proactive and Taking Initiative
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric with Maths & Science/N3 Pulp and Paper
- 6 months plant experience
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2018