Purpose of the job
The incumbent in this position innovatively develop new production processes; assist in stabilization, optimization and troubleshooting. Coordinates and manages Process Engineering resources for Pulp/Paper Mill
Reporting to the Technical Manager
- Ensure quality analysis of all proposed process projects in terms of scope, expected deliverable, analysis and return on investment calculations.
- Provide technical/engineering support, as required, in the investigation of failures and problems raised at MDT meetings, including the recommendation of most suitable solution/s to root-causes by using engineering knowledge and experience.
- Drive the Lean Manufacturing principles to develop maintenance programs and best practices as required.
- Reviews Department process development initiatives and recommendations or actions that may occur from process investigations until final project completion.
- Day to day management of process section activities including the setting of priorities and liaison with Production Managers as well as interaction with commercial and human resources functions.
- Evaluates Project costs and schedule reports to ensure that increases or decreases in task cost and schedules are acceptable and are appropriately approved.
- Prepares Capex requirements for Business Plan.
- Ensures compliance of Pulp/Paper Mill to ISO standards
- Directs the development and integration of Process Projects to ensure production, technical, manpower and cost and scheduled plans meet OEE improvement targets.
- Recommend new or revised project goals and objectives in light of the anticipated long-term needs of the business.
- Undertakes various researches of literature and other sources required, to assist with the introduction and development of new and more efficient production processes.
- Undertakes modelling activities of the Mill processes, raw materials, financial and other areas to identify production opportunities and restraints.
- Prioritizes, adjusts and directs the efforts of Process personnel ( including their consultants and contractors) resource allocations as necessary to both assure the scheduled achievement of OSHAct regulations and maintain adherence to the integrated manpower, cost and schedule requirements
- Set goals and appraises immediate subordinates on bi-annual basis giving more frequent coaching and feedback.
- Ensures competency of all subordinates through adequate training, assessments and coaching.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking
Qualifications / Experience
- 4 year BSc. Degree or HND in Engineering
- 2 Years process engineering in Paper industry environment.
- Computer Literate(Word/Excel/Power point/Outlook/ Projects)
- SAP would be advantageous
Applications for this position closes 27 November 2018.