Job no: 783348
Work type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: South Africa – Hotazel
- The purpose of the role is to grant a permanent employee the opportunity to safely undergo a learnership program to obtain an opencast blasting (rock breaking) certificate to qualify as a miner.
- This training and development intervention is available to permanent Mamatwan employees, who are currently working at the mine.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics together with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mining;
- 2 additional mobile equipment licenses are essential;
- Surface Competency A will be advantageous;
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s license is advantageous.
- Successfully complete the learner miner program;
- Obtain opencast blasting (rock breaking) certificate;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Mine Health and Safety Act, regulations and definitions;
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of legislation and compliance in the Mining and Mineral Sector;
- Knowledge of Surface Mining Principles is essential.
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time