SANRAL is committed to developing skills of students who express an interest in studying and building a career within the Civil Engineering industry. We therefore invite candidates studying towards a university degree in BEng / BSc Civil Engineering to apply for bursaries.
Consideration will be given to needy students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate study or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from matriculants with at least 70% for mathematics and science students studying towards the above Engineering fields, and registered with a University will also be considered.
THE BURSARY AWARDED TO EACH STUDENT SHALL BE A FULL AWARD AND WILL COVER:
- Tuition / Registration
- Accommodation / Meals
- Books / Equipment plus compulsory excursion and seminars
- Living Allowance
INDUCTION PROGRAMME FOR NEW BURSARY STUDENTS
We will invite all new students awarded bursaries for an induction session to brief them about SANRAL’s activities. We also develop the buddy system with students where we develop relationships with them and the Project Manager who will assist them with information required for their academic projects.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BURSARY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of recent academic record, confirmation of registration
- Certified copy of South African Identification Document
- South African Citizenship
- Motivational letter
- Parents’ or guardian’s certified copy of Identification Document
- Parents’ or guardian’s proof of income
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR VACATION WORK AND INTERNSHIPS
- A comprehensive CV or you can request an application form from us
- An application stating your requirements
- Provide duration of the assignment needed
- The application must be forwarded to us approximately 2-3 months before commencement date
- A copy of your valid driver’s license
- You will be required to do a presentation after the assignment
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR FULL TIME JOB APPLICATIONS
- A comprehensive CV and motivational letter
- Certified copies of your South African ID, matric certificate and academic transcripts
- A copy of your driver’s license if applicable
HOW IT WORKS
APPLICATION PROCESS Consideration will be given to needy South African students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from first year students studying towards the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering and registered with a university will be considered.
Bursary applicants will not be considered if they fail any subject in the current academic year. If in Grade 12 applicants should achieve the minimum of 70% in both mathematics and physical science and minimum of 70% for English.
ELIGIBILITY – Applicants should not be a recipient of any other bursary or financial assistance from any institution – Applicants must be registered or about to register at a recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa – Applicants must be South African citizens
SELECTION CRITERIA – Academic proficiency as proven by latest academic report – Financial circumstances (Means test) – Field of study – Behavioural competencies – Representation (female, rural, disabled and race) – Validation of ID and qualification
How To Apply
Please forward your application to SANRAL addressed to: The Corporate Services Executive, PO Box 415, Pretoria, 0001